MS150 - Done!

donnainhouston
on 4/14/08 10:42 pm - League City, TX
Well, I finished! And yes, I am proud. I'm also very grateful that everyone was so supportive, as their generosity gave me (and 13,000 other riders) the opportunity to experience something very special. The time on the bike was as challenging as it was fun... and at times even meditative.

Despite the fact that I always did things that were active in nature pre-op, the MS150 was one of those things I secretly feared; I could never fully commit to to it. In fact, I'd swim before I'd commit to riding 150 miles!! So completing the tour really makes me proud and it is like beating an old fear.

See the rest of my MS150 pictures in my photo album!
kypdurran
on 4/14/08 10:51 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
Congrats Donna.  Sounds like you had a great time.  I know what you mean by 'meditative' too.   I often slip into the zone when I run.
wjoegreen
on 4/14/08 11:52 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
That is no small hurdle.  I understand the fear and congradulate you on your success. All I can saw is , Wow!. 150 miles,...Wow
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
MaryS
on 4/15/08 12:06 am - Long Island, NY

Donna, Congrats - great job.  I love the biking outfit!  I have a weakness for all types of workout clothes.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

donnainhouston
on 4/15/08 12:13 am - League City, TX
Thanks Mary!  You can't tell, but it says "Ride Like a Girl" all over it.  If in tackling those hills I'm riding like a girl, I'll be a girl anytime!   Thanks!
Deanna34
on 4/15/08 12:47 am - Salem, OR
Oh my gosh, Donna!  Congratulations!!!  You are amazing!  Look at what you just accomplished!  Wow!  Your pictures are fabulous and your daughter is super cute, by the way!  Great job! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

marsheeeee
on 4/15/08 3:41 am - Jackson, MS
Wow.  150 miles?  That is freaking awesome!   Marcia
Linn D.
on 4/15/08 5:17 am - Missoula, MT
Way to go, Donna!!!  I'm glad you had a great time. Linn
striveforhealth
on 4/15/08 11:36 am - Portsmouth, NH
Woo Hoo!!!!  Great job!!  You're inspiring me to put that kind of challenge on my "To Do" list.  And...thanks for supporting MS.  My 20-yr old nephew was diagnosed last fall.  I did a 5 mile MS walk this past Saturday, but that's nothing compared to 150 miles!  Congrats!

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Most Active